Hi everyone! This is the second installment of my "Recipes of Love" collection, which I started for the Love & Relationships community because I am of the belief that one of the best ways to get and stay close to your significant other is to spend time together. Sometimes that just means hanging out, but other times it helps to make even mealtime more romantic! It's not something that comes easy to me right away, so I've been trying to find recipes that can be part of creating a romantic mood as you share a meal together.
If you'd like to add a little spice that goes down smooth to your romantic dinner, how about considering this recipe I found for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta on Food.com? I have to say the short prep time is one of the more appealing elements for me. Sometime's I'd like to have a romantic dinner on a normal weeknight when I don't have hours to prepare. Also, this one looks more substantial than many "love" recipes - and that's a big plus when it comes to my husband!
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (your recipe, Cajun Seasoning Mix or store-bought)
2 tablespoons butter
1 thinly sliced green onion
1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Garnish: 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Option: A bit of chopped red chili peppers to taste for some added color and a spicier kick, if you have a brave palate!
1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
4. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
5. As an extra spicy option, maybe add a bit of chopped red chili peppers, to taste. It will add some nice color and a little more of a kick. For those brave spice-lovers out there!