I just saw this video and thought fellow Vinglers trying to boost their productivity will really appreciate this.
You should watch the video and let me know what you think!
Here are my video notes aka what I got out of this:
• Present bias / hyperbolic discounting: Human motivation is highly influenced by how imminent the reward is perceived to be. The further away the reward is, the more you discount its value.
• Use the Pomodoro Technique: Work for 25 minutes straight and when you're done this give yourself a reward of a five minute break. Then start the working clock again (gradually increasing the amount of work)
• Acknowledge your procrastination, your future self will procrastinate
• Creating a self-imposed costly deadline is an effective way to manage work habits
• Enjoy the process of completing a task. Think positively instead of complaining.
• Make a list of reasons why you want to complete your goal so that you can enjoy it more and remember why you need to get it done.