This would be the cutest gift for friends living in cold climate.
A fat quarter of fabric
Pinking shears (optional)
Sewing machine or needle
1. using fabric scissors, cut 2-3/4 inch squares from your choice of fabric. you’ll need two per hand warmer.
2. place two squares of fabric wrong sides together and stitch a 1/4 inch seam around the outside, leaving a 1-1/2 inch opening and backstitching in the beginning and end. (if you don’t have pinking shears, place fabric write sided together, sew as instructed and then turn right side out.)
3. fill 3/4 of the way up with rice.
4. using a long pin, block the rice from falling out of the opening and sew closed.
5. using pinking shears, trim the edges…. it will keep them from fraying.
Notes: To use, warm up int he microwave for 20 seconds (or so), but make sure they aren’t too hot before handing over to little hands!