Yield: 2 dozen
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture a little at a time. Mix just until the flour mixture is incorporated. Don't overmix.
5. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. If you're making regular-sized muffins, bake 14 to 16 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Remove the muffins from the tin. Dip the tops of the muffins in the melted butter and roll the tops in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. These are best