Inexpensive and easy to make. They can be customize to any color scheme by switching up the color of paint.
Craft sticks (standard size)
Large Wooden Spools
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Gather your craft sticks. You will need six sticks per tree. One for the center trunk, and five “branches.”
2. Using your pliers, snip off the ends of each craft stick. Make sure you have the craft sticks up against the cutting area of the pliers. Then trim the sticks so they are graduated in length. (If the pliers left rough edges, you can hit them with some sandpaper to smooth them down.)
3. Paint the five “branches" and allow them to dry.
4. When the paint has dried, start gluing your “branches” to the middle trunk using your hot glue gun. When all of the “branches” are secured to the trunk, add some glue to the bottom of the trunk and insert the trunk into the hole in the spool. Add glue to the top of the spool, and while the glue is still hot (work quickly!) add excelsior to the spool.
5. Using puffy paint, dab “ornaments” onto your tree. Finally, add a star to the top of your tree.