Don't wait for New Years to start changing your life in a positive way!
Make these ten simple promises to your body each morning and keep them, for a happier, healthier life.
1. Accept where you are right now.
2. Respect your body in all the ways you can.
3. Learn to be okay with, and to work to eventually embrace, the parts of your body you love the least.
4. Refrain from abusing your body as much as you can – whether it’s in what you consume, how you talk about it, what you do with it, and what you don’t do with it.
5. Forgive yourself and your body for the times you do not treat it well.
6. Refuse to compare what you look like, and what your body can do, with someone else’s.
7. Ensure that you’re fueling and feeding your body with the right nutrients as much as possible.
8. Give your body rest, and to make it a habit to give it rest.
9. Move with your body whether that means running, swimming, walking, biking, dancing, lifting, yoga, and stretching. If it is able, let your body move.
10. Refrain from judging your body by the unrealistic standards society, and the people around you, have set. Recognize that these judgments are mostly arbitrary, and don’t have your best interests at heart.