Quick and easy. Great for holiday baking!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 14 mins | Total time: 24 mins
1 cup Land ‘O Lakes butter softened at room temperature
1 ½ cups Dixie Crystals sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp. Karo dark corn syrup
½ cup Grandma’s molasses
3 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. salt
½-3/4 cup granulated sugar for coating (I used Turbinado sugar)
1. Turn the oven on to 375˚.
2. Put butter, 1 ½ cups sugar, egg, corn syrup, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt into a bowl.
3. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
Roll into 1 ½ inch balls.
5. Put the remaining sugar (or Turbinado sugar) into a small bowl.
6. Roll the balls one at a time in the sugar to coat them.
7. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Arrange the balls on the prepared cookie sheets approximately 2 inches apart.
8.Bake on the center rack in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
Cool Completely. Store in a container with a lid.