I can't imagine spending the holiday without peppermint. It's a must-have winter treat!
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon half 'n half
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1½ teaspoon peppermint extract
½ teaspoon vanilla
3¾ cups powdered sugar
1 package chocolate CandiQuik
Crushed peppermint candies for garnish
1. Mix together coconut oil, half 'n half, light corn syrup, lemon juice, peppermint extract and vanilla.
2. Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
3. Form the dough into a ball and roll out into a circle about ¼ inch thick on a silicone mat.
4. Place dough in the freezer for about 15 minutes until firm.
5. Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out peppermint patties.
6. Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes.
7. Melt CandiQuik in the microwave and dip peppermint patties into chocolate.
8. Place on a silicone mat and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.