Made with corn tortillas and no questionable ingredients. Simply healthier than fried!
Makes 6 servings!
6 yellow corn tortillas
2-3 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1.5 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp chili powder
1 tsp each cumin, onion powder, garlic powder
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
2. Add all spices and seasonings to a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
3. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut your tortillas into equal strips (see photo).
4. Transfer to baking sheet and toss in 2-3 Tbsp olive or canola oil until well coated.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Watch out, they’ll burn quickly past the 14-15 minute mark.
6. Once removed from the oven, immediately add tortilla strips to the seasoning mix and toss to coat. If they appear to have dried in the oven while baking, you can spritz them with a little oil so the seasonings stick better.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl or plate with a slotted spatula to shake off excess seasoning. You’ll likely have extra seasoning, which you can store for later use if desired.
8. Serve immediately with chili, soup or dips. Store leftovers in a storage bag or tupperware at room temp for up to a couple days, though best when fresh.