Make festive ornaments with twigs from your backyard!
Twigs (3/8 inch thick on down to an 1/8 of an inch)
Glitter Spray (optional)
1. Cut 2 longer twigs that are 4 1/2 inches long. And 2 shorter twigs that are about 2 inches long. (They don’t have to be exact, but try to keep these main pieces about the same thickness, around 3/8 of an inch.)
2. Then glue your two shorter pieces to the middle sides of one of the longer pieces, creating a “plus” sign. Place the “plus” sign on top of the other long twig, evenly spacing it behind and between the twigs of the “plus” sign that’s on top.
3. Start breaking off small twig pieces that are about 1 inch long and 1/8 of an inch thick. Glue them in an outward “V” shape at the tip of each of the 6 points of the main snowflake shape.
4. Spray your entire snowflake (front, back, and along all sides) with a bit of glitter spray and let dry completely.
5. Attach a loop of jute string to the back of one of the tips of the snowflake.
It's ready to be hang on the tree!