This DIY tutorial from One Artsy Mama is a perfect way for your young children to have a hand in sprucing up the tree! These adorable bottlecap snowmen don't take a lot of materials, are a great indoor craft activity for those colder snowy/rainy days and - bonus! - will make for fewer breakable ornaments on the tree.
- bottle caps
- white, black, orange, and red acrylic paint
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- optional: glitter and/or sparkle Mod Podge
- Paint the inside of each bottle cap white. It may take several coats to get it really white. Dry in between coats.
- Glue three bottlecaps to a piece of ribbon. You’ll also want to put a bit of glue in between each bottlecap to hold them together. Form a loop with the top of the ribbon and glue in place.
- Use the end of a paintbrush or a toothpick to paint eyes, a nose, mouth and buttons on your snowmen. Optionally, you can add some sparkle Mod Podge or glitter.
- Tie a ribbon or yarn between the first and second bottle caps to make a scarf and accent with a button if you like.
A link to the full tutorial is attached.