You've seen enough of dough pie crust, so here's a cinnamon pie crust! It's not as difficult as pictured. It only takes about 20 minutes to put the crust together. Try it as a base with your favorite apple or pumpkin pie recipe. I promise it'll be delicious!
1 package pie crust
4 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crust a few times to even it out to about ½-inch thickness.
2. In a small bowl, mix the butter with the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract to combine. Spoon the mixture into the center of the crust. Use a spatula to spread it evenly over the entire crust.
3. Starting with the side closest to you, roll the crust into a tight spiral. Cut the finished spiral into ½-inch-thick pieces.
4. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll each piece into a ¼-inch-thick round. Place the pieces in a pie plate, overlapping them slightly and pressing to seal. (If the pieces aren’t sticking together well, use a little water to help “glue” them.)
5. Continue placing rounds of dough in the pie plate until the entire plate is full; trim any excess hanging over the edge. Use the tines of a fork to press indentations all around the edge. Chill the crust well before filling and baking, and bake according to your preferred pie recipe.