Servers 4 to 6
1 live lobster (about 1 1/4 lb), steamed and meat removed
1 cup cream cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
24 wonton wrappers
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Chop the lobster meat into small pieces and place it in a bowl.
2. Add the cream cheese and salt. Mix well.
3. On a large work surface, lay out the wonton wrappers. Spoon 1 tsp of lobster mixture into the center of each wonton. Seal the edges of each to form a triangle.
4. In a small saucepan, add a thin layer of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Submerge three to four wontons at a time in the oil, making sure you don’t crowd the pan, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the wontons float and are crispy and golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and lay them on a paper towel–lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Repeat with the remaining wontons, adding more oil to the pan as necessary.
5. In a separate small saucepan, heat the raspberries, blueberries, and sugar over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid thickens. Remove from the heat immediately.
6. Place the cooked wontons on a serving plate and drizzle with the warm fruit compote.