Move #1: Weighted Butt Lift
1. Get on your hands and knees, with your palms directly underneath your shoulders.
2. Place a 5-pound weight behind your right knee.
3. Lift your leg into the air, using your glute and hamstring, while flexing and pointing your foot.
4. Lift and repeat for one minute.
5. Repeat your with other leg.
Move #2: The Rainbow
1. Stay in the same position as you were for the weighted butt lift.
2. Extend your right leg behind you and lift it up.
3. Trace a half circle in the air with your foot, from left to right.
4. Repeat for one minute.
5. Repeat with other leg.
Move #3: Clams
1. Lay on your side with your knees bent and feet together.
2. Place your hands behind your head, with the bottom arm providing support for your head.
3. Lift your feet into the air.
4. Open and close your top leg for one whole minute.
5. Pulse (smaller, rapid movements) for 15 seconds.
6. Repeat on other side.
Move #4: Hydrant
1. Get into position, as if you were about to do a clam.
2. Instead of keeping your feet together, lift your entire bent leg into the air.
3. Open and close for one minute.
4. Repeat on other side.
Move #5: Calf Raises
1. Stand in ballet’s first position, with your heels together and toes apart.
2. Lift your heels up and down, pulsing for 40 seconds.
3. Bend your knees into a plié, then lift your heels.
4. Repeat for 20 seconds.