Is your dog ready for the trail? Have you checked their endurance level? How about their vaccinations and other aspects of their health? If not, you really should. After all he can't tell you if he's feeling bad or otherwise!!!
- Take your pup to the vet and asked if he's very healthy.
- While hiking, look for his speed (does his pace slow?)
- If he falls behind or limps, check him immediately.
- If he's breathing heavily, rest!
Bring the following just in case:
- aspirin (10 mg / kg every 12 hours)
- nail clippers
- well fitting booties with traction (great for rocky terrain, but will need to train to wear them using really yummy food).