Want to get rid of that gross back bulge? The first step is to make sure you’re wearing the right size bra, and the second is to tone up your upper back area.
1. Rocking Plank: Get into a regular pushup plank position and rise onto your toes, then rock back to starting position. The rocking motion will help to tone your back!
2. Single Arm Dumbbell Press: Grab a dumbbell in your right hand and stand with your feet hip-width apart. With your palm facing in towards your body, lift the dumbbell up to your chest. Lower to starting position. Complete desired number of reps and switch to the opposite side.
3. Delt Raises: Grab a pair of dumbbells and stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms bent and dumbbells at the side of your chest. Shift your hips back and lower your torso so it’s almost parallel to the ground. Bring your arms in front of you, palms facing each other. Using your upper back, lift weights to shoulder height. Return to starting position keeping your core engaged.
4. Side Forearm Plank: Planks are a great back sculptor!
5. Assisted Pullups: Choose a weight that you can handle (the higher the weight the more assistance you’re going to get). Grab the bar with an overhand grip about shoulder-width apart. Pull yourself up so your chin is at or over the bar. Slowly lower yourself back to the starting position.
6. Bent Over Flys: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and grab a set of dumbbells with your palms facing each other. Bend your knees slightly and bend over at the waist. Your elbows should be slightly bent with the dumbbells directly under your chest. Keeping your head up and eyes forward, use your shoulders to raise your arms out to the sides until your arms are parallel to the floor. Squeeze your shoulder blades at the top of the movement and lower back to starting position.
7. Dumbbell Up and Backs: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, dumbbells in your hands in front of your thighs. Raise the weights to shoulder height and pull weights into your chest. Push weights back to front, raise and lower.
8. Dumbbell Shrugs: Grab a set of dumbbells and hold them down by your sides, palms facing in. Raise your shoulders as high as possible (the shrug) and lower. Try not to roll your shoulders at all.
9. Seated Cable Row: Use the seated row machine at the gym and attach a V-bar. Sit at the machine and place your feet on the front platform with a slight bend in your knees. Lean over slightly to grab the V-bar, pull the bar in towards your stomach and release to starting position.
10. Hip Twister Plank: In plank position, twist at the waist to drop your right hip to ground and twist again to bring it back up. Repeat with your left hip.
11. Pushup Reach: Perform a standard pushup, then reach right arm up towards the sky, turning your body out towards the right. Return to plank position, do a pushup and repeat the reach with your left arm.