Grab your valentine for a movie night with popcorn or bag this treat up and give it to all of your friends for a sweet V-Day gift!
2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp. salted butter
1/2 cup water
10-12 drops red food colouring
1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
1. In a large pot with a lid, heat your oil on medium heat and add your popcorn kernels.
2. Place the lit on top and let popcorn pop. Once popping begins to subside, remove from heat and shake carefully.
3. In a separate pot, add sugar, butter, water, vanilla and food colouring and bring to a boil.
4. Boil for 3-4 minutes and then remove from heat and let sit for 10, stirring occasionally.
5. Place popcorn in large bowl, pour sugar mixture overtop and toss to coat.
6. Pour popcorn onto two parchment lined baking sheets and let dry for 10-20 minutes.
7. Carefully break popcorn up and enjoy!