These are the 10 foods you should incorporate in your diet once a week for a healthy balance!
1. Salmon - They're packed with protein and Omega-3 fatty acids which we need for numerous normal body functions (such as controlling blood clotting and building cell membranes in the brain).
2. Beans - It's high in protein and fiber. This is especially important for a healthy heart! Plus, they're a good addition to salads.
3. Avocado - A great way to add healthy fats in your diet. I also wrote about it here! http://www.vingle.net/posts/671503
4. Blueberries - These little berries are packed with antioxidant. Good for nervous system and for brain health.
5. Dark Chocolate - Another great source for antioxidant and helps lower the risk of heart disease (when consumed in moderation!)
6. Spinach - Loaded with Vitamin A, K, D, and E. Also a superfood green food with omega-3 fatty acid.
7. Pumpkin - You don't have to wait until Fall to eat this big orange fruit. This fruit is known for its immune-boosting properties for eye health.
8. Greek Yogurt - High in protein and live active culture to help digestion!
9. Honey - It's anti-bacterial properties is often used for soothing throat. In addition, it makes a great natural sweetener.