1 1/2 cup dry quinoa
2 cup water
1 tsp olive oil (optional)
salt and seasoning to taste
1 medium head broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 small carrot, diced
1/2 avocado, sliced
other vegetables, to taste
2 portobello mushroom caps, in 1/4″ thin slices
1.5 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tsp liquid sweetener (like agave)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
fresh cracked black pepper
1. In a medium pot, bring 2 cups water to boil. Add quinoa, seasonings, and salt, and olive oil if using. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Add chopped vegetables to the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, fluff with a fork and put the cover back on. Let rest for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, whisk together soy sauce, sweetener, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
4. Turn on the oven to broil and set a baking tray with foil. Lay the mushroom slices on the tray and drizzle with marinade. Broil under the flame for 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are browned. Flip over to the other side, drizzle with remaining marinade and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes.
5. To assemble, take a bowl or a plate and add about a cup of quinoa. Arrange additional vegetables on top. Add the portobello bacon and drizzle with remaining marinade and serve.