For centuries, rose has been associated with romance, love and passion. It's one of the top flower bouquet choice on Valentine's Day and women loves it. If you stop by any fragrance, body care, and skincare shop you'll see the store flooded with pink and red designs featuring romantic gifts for the holiday. There's no doubt rose scent is a popular choice. If you love this scent and is planning to gift a friend a body care set, try this DIY rose soap recipe.
1 bar clear glycerine soap
2 tsp. chopped rose petals
1 tsp. powdered milk
3-4 drops rose fragrance oil
2-3 drops vanilla fragrance oil (optional)
1. Shred the glycerine soap bar. Create a double boiler by placing a Pyrex bowl on top of a pot of water and bring the water to a boil. Put the shreds in the bowl and melt the bar. Once totally melted, remove the bowl from the heat.
2. Using a wooden spoon begin mixing the liquid soap. As you stir, add the powdered milk. Stir till you have an even consistency.
3. Add half of the petals to the mixture and stir. Drop in the fragrance oil and stir the soap again.
4. Place some petals at the bottom of your soap mold. Then pour your soap into the molds and sprinkle a few more petals on top.
5. Let the soap harden in their molds. Once hard, pop them out and use your soap!