Don't have the perfect red outfit for your night out? Go the DIY approach and turn your old tights to something romantic. This handmade heart tights require inexpensive, basic supplies that you might even already own. The best part - you can throw them on with your favorite skirt or dress, and you’ve got yourself an instant V-day ensemble.
Tights, adhesive paper, metallic fabric paint, scissors, foam brush, and heart-shaped paper punch.
1. Cut adhesive paper into rectangles bigger than the punch size, adding an extra ½ to 1 inch to each side.
2. Punch a heart in the middle of each rectangle.
3. Peel away the backing and place the adhesive paper onto the tights. Smooth out any wrinkles or bumps.
4. Apply a thin layer of fabric paint with the foam brush. Let dry for a minute or two, then add another layer to build up the color.
5. Once the paint is completely dry to the touch, carefully peel away the adhesive paper.
6. Repeat, repeat and repeat… until you have all the hearts you can handle. The stencils can be re-used quite a few times. Once one side of the tights is finished, flip the tights over and add more hearts.