This may sound like an odd topic for you guys but millions of people get head lice each year. Head lice can make your extremely itchy. If you scratch it endlessly it can cause sores on the scalp that may lead to an infection. Some people have a hard time sleeping because of this hair condition.
There are two different types of head lice:
Nits (lice eggs) - these look like dandruffs except it is more difficult to brush or shake them off your head.
Louse (baby lice) - usually grayish-white or tan. They feed on blood several times a day and can survive up to 2 days off the scalp.
Signs of having head lice: When you start to feel things moving around or tickling your heads.
What are ways to prevent head lice?
- Change your bed sheet and pillows regularly.
- Do not share things that touches the head.
1. Medicated shampoo: This is usually prescribed by your doctor or you can purchase them in a pharmacy or herbal store.
2. Comb and oil treatment: Coat the hair with olive or almond oil, section hair and use a lice comb to get rid of lice. Then rinse it out with shampoo. Remember to wash all the towels used and clean out the lice comb by soaking it in vinegar for 30 minutes. Continue this procedure for a week to make sure all the lice are gone.
3. Essential oil treatment: Mix 2 ounces of olive oil with 15-20 drops of essential oils. Then apply the solution to the scalp. Leave it on overnight. Then shampoo in the morning and comb out the hair. Repeat the process until the lice have been eliminated. Then use an essential oil spray for preventive treatment (spray recipe: Mix 15 - 20 drops of essential oil in 4 ounces of rubbing alcohol. Store the solution in a spray bottle and saturate the hair with it for 12 hours. )
Effective essential oil for lice treatment: tea tree oil, lavender oil, clove oil, eucalyptus oil, cinnamon leaf oil, red thyme oil, peppermint oil, and nutmeg oil.
Feel free to throw in any questions I'll be glad to answer them! In addition, if you have battled with head lice please share your wisdom below! :)