2 years ago
in English · 5,708 Views
likes 9clips 1comments 5
National Parks to get $432 Million More in 2016
What does money go towards? The highlights seem to show it will go towards:
- targeted increases for the National Park Service Centennial Initiative (a multi-year effort that would expand the use of parks for informal learning and recreation)
- $8 million to restore seasonal capacity
- $20 million for youth engagement
- $2 million for volunteer coordination
- $13.5 million to support new parks and critical responsibilities
- $242.8 million is requested across the operations and construction accounts to restore and maintain all 6,735 highest priority non-transportation assets in good condition over 10 years,
- increases of $50 million for the Civil Rights initiative
- many other areas!
Let's hope this is accepted as the final budget, and that it represents a shift in thinking towards actually working to preserve what wildlife we have left!