Flat-Belly Challenge Day 2: Plenty of Planks Plus a Make-Ahead Breakfast
Step One: Plank Challenge
- Plank Mountain Climbers: From straight-arm plank position, draw your right knee into your chest, then quickly switch legs so your left knee is squeezing into your chest and your left foot is in plank position. Continue running in place like this for one minute.
- Elbow Plank With Donkey Kick: Begin in elbow plank position. Bend your right knee and pulse your heel up toward the ceiling for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
- Plank Jumping Jacks: In the classic straight-arm plank position, jump your feet apart and back together. Complete for one minute.
- Up-Down Plank: Start in straight-arm plank. Lower your right elbow to the ground and then the left, coming ever so briefly into an elbow plank. Then straighten your right arm and then the left, returning to straight-arm plank position. Repeat for one minute.
- Side Plank Leg Lift: Rest on your right forearm and the outside edge of your right foot. Lift and lower your left leg for 30 seconds, and then do another half minute of leg lifts on the left side.