Coconut oil has been a popular ingredient in anti-skincare products. This essential oil helps hydrate dry skin, smooth fine lines and reduce stretch marks. Couple years ago rosehip seed oil became a trendy essential oil due to Miranda Kerr. She revealed her skincare regimen to radiant skin involves this magical oil. People started incorporating this trend and rosehip seed oil became a hit beauty item.
So, what's so special about rosehip seed oil?
The essential oil is harvested from the seeds of rose bushes and is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and anti-inflammatory property. In addition, it is light-weight, absorbs quickly, and can be use in conjunction with moisturizing products.
√ Correct dark spots
√ Moisturize dry, itchy skin
√ Reduce scars, fine lines and stretch marks
√ Restores elasticity
√ Treats acne and eczema
√ Also work wonders for dry scalp and itchiness
1. Triology Certified Organic Rose Hip Oil ($24)
2. Sukin Rose Hip Oil ($17.95)
3. Melvita Rose Hip Oil ($33)
4. Kora Luxurious Rosehip Oil ($49)
I personally use Trilogy's rose hip oil and I can honesty say it reduce the appearance of fine lines and give me a glowing complexion. I only use it once at night before my regular moisturizer. A little goes a long way. That tiny bottle lasted for 6 months (and keep in mind I share this with my husband).
- You can use it on stretch marks - Acne scar treatment
- Sun spots
- If you have fine lines under your eyes, gently spread the oil on your cheek and work your way up to the lines. You don't want to get this in your eyes.
- As usual, you should do a patch test on your skin before using it on your face.
Let me know if you tried this and if it works for you.