Yield: 12-14 cupcakes
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp butter, melted
5 tbsp sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 + 1/8 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup boiling water
4 eggs whites
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
chocolate sauce (I used this one)
graham cracker crumbs
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
3. Press about 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
4. Bake crusts for 7 minutes then remove and set aside.
5. To make the cupcakes, add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
6. Add egg, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
7. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
8. Pour batter into cupcake pan, filling a little more than half way, and bake at 300 degrees for about 19-21 minutes.
9. When done, remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Then remove from cupcake tin and allow to cool.
10. While cupcakes cool, make the icing. Combine egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in a metal, heatproof mixer bowl.
11. Place over a saucepan with simmering water.
12. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
13. Using the whisk attachment, beat on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes.
14. Ice cupcakes and top with chocolate sauce and graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Zip Recipes Plugin