Have you been waiting for a new smartphone? I know I have been, mostly in hopes that the S6 would come out before my S3 gives out completely. This phone has been good to me, but it's time to upgrade. The new Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge will come out on April 10!
Here's the big differences from the last Galaxy S line phone:
- 5.1-inch 2560×1440 Super AMOLED display with 577 ppi
- Exynos Octacore processor, 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32/64/128GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- Android 5.0
- F/1.9 16MP rear camera with optical image stabilization and live HDR
- F/1.9 5MP front camera with live HDR
- Category 6 LTE with 300 Mbps down/50 Mbps up max theoretical speeds
- Wi-Fi 802.11 AC with HT80 MIMO, Bluetooth LE, NFC, IR blaster
- 2,550mAh (GS6) and 2,600mAh (GS6 edge) batteries
In addition to those features, you can look forward to the following:
- The f/1.9 apertures on the cameras should help with low light settings.
- Double tapping home will open the camera in less than 0.7 s
- Wireless charging will be possible
- Finger print scanner will be easier than ever before
- Go on sale April 10
- Available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, and Gold Platinum color options for both S6 & S6 edge
- Blue Topaz for the Galaxy S6 and Green Emerald for the Galaxy S6 edge are also available
I haven't got to get my hands on these guys yet (obviously! They don't come out until April 10). But I did find a pretty nice, hands on review by the folks over at Techcrunch, so check it out, and see if the phone is right for you.