Look how cute these chalkboard drink coasters are that I found at LivingWellSpendingLess.com! Using just a handful of items you can create these also and have just as much fun making them as using them. This would be a cute keepsake too!
Plain 4×4″ tiles
Tacky glue (or hot glue)
1. Paint the front of the tiles with chalkboard paint. Let dry until you have used three coats.
2. Let tiles sit over night (or 24 hours) for dry paint to set.
3. "Season" the chalkboard surface by using the long side of chalk and covering the entire surface with chalk. This technique will prevent permanent chalk marks in the future.
4. Erase the chalk from the surface.
5. If you want to jazz it up with some buttons, do so by gluing them into each corner of the tiles. If using tacky glue, then let the buttons dry and rest 24 hours. Hot glue is much quicker.
6. Cut out felt the same size as the bottom of the tile and glue in place.
Ruth's Blog Tip
You know they are dry when no condensation forms on the tiles when you stack them.