Prior to the MLS kicking off tonight, let's look at the news and rumours making the headlines today.
1. Spurs have shifted their focus on signing Toby Alderweireld after Winston Reid signed a new multi-year deal with West Ham this week. (Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11454965/Tottenham-consider-move-for-Southamptons-Toby-Alderweireld.html)
2. Manchester City's Bacary Sagna is debating his future at the club. (Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-defender-bacary-sagna-5286678)
3. Paul Pogba is reported to have agreed to join PSG at the end of the current season. (Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/429351/Man-Utd-Arsenal-and-Chelsea-ROCKED-as-Paul-Pogba-AGREES-mega-move)
4. Per Mertesacker could be offloaded from Arsenal in the summer. (Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11456200/Arsenal-news-Per-Mertesackers-future-is-in-doubt.html0
5. Kaka has called his MLS debut for Orlando City one of his career's special moments. (Source: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/06/kaka-calls-mls-debut-in-orlando-one-of-his-careers-special-moments/)
1. Toby is a solid defender. Really class player but I don't think Spurs can afford him.
2. Sagna's not in the first team regularly because he's not good enough and getting older. MLS is beckoning for him in all honesty.
3. Surprised, but Pogba's still really young so while PSG is an improvement he can use it to build into a world class player and transfer to the Premier League in a few years time.
4. No surprise but he's still good enough for either the Premier League or Bundesliga, which is where I'd imagine he'll end up (possibly Monchengladbach).
5. It is a special moment and the season is set to be a very big one for the league. Kaka is a class act.