This must be my lucky day because I discovered Jamielyn's blog, iheartnaptime.net, where she shares DIY projects, recipes and craft ideas that are super easy, fun to do and not a drain on finances. I simply had to share her recipe for these A-MAZ-ING green colored pancakes, topped with whipped cream and Lucky Charms cereal! OMG!
Saint Patrick's Day Pancakes
1 cup milk
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-4 drops green food coloring
1. Pre-heat a griddle to 300°.
2. In a small bowl combine milk and vinegar. Set aside and let sit for a few minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Whisk butter, egg and vanilla into the milk.
5. Add food coloring, and stir until you reach the desired color.
6. Combine with flour mixture and stir until smooth.
7. Use a 1/4 cup to pour batter onto a greased griddle.
Let cook on one side until bubbles begin to pop, then flip to the other side. Cook just until golden brown.
You can find more tricks, tips and ideas from Jamielyn's blog at iheartnaptime.net.