How to make my coconut macaroon cookies
For 24/3 ozs. macaroons we will need…
5 or 6-qt. stand mixer
#12 ice cream scoop
4/14 ozs. bags of sweetened coconut flakes
2/14 ozs. cans of sweetened condensed milk (in Germany, you must use “gezuckerte” Kondensmilch, i.e. Baerenmarke Milchmaedchen!)
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 Tablespoon Mexican vanilla
1. Gather all ingredients. Place the contents of three bags in the mixer…
2. Add condensed milk, cream, sour cream, vanilla, and turn the mixer on slow speed
3. Add the fourth bag of coconut flakes to the running mixer. Combine well, for about 30 seconds.
4. Scrape the bowl and the spatula; combine by hand (it is too sticky for the mixer to turn on again).
5. Gently fold the excess batter into the scoop and press down.
6. Four rows down and six wide on a full sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Depending on how you pack them in, you might get 2 or 3 extra.
7. Bake in a 325 degree oven until light golden brown with dark-brown tips
8. After about 15 minutes, take the macaroons out of the oven and cool the pan on a rack.
9. After they cool, you can dip the cool coconut macaroons in melted dark, milk, or white chocolate, or any variations thereof. It is absolutely fabulous