1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
1/2 cup malted milk powder
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
Liquid blue food color
1tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/3cup kataifi (shredded phyllo dough)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3 speckled candy-coated malted milk egg candies
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In large bowl, stir together cake mix and malted milk powder with whisk. Add remaining Cake ingredients; beat with electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Divide batter evenly among pans.
3. Bake 22 to 28 minutes or until cakes spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool cakes in pans on cooling racks 5 minutes. Turn cakes out onto cooling racks; cool completely, about 30 minutes. Level cakes using large serrated knife or cake leveler, if needed.
4. To make Frosting, in large bowl, beat softened butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until incorporated; beat on high speed 3 minutes. Add vanilla and salt; beat 1 minute longer. Add blue food color 1 drop at a time, beating until a light blue color is achieved.
5. Fill and frost cooled cake. Refrigerate frosted cake 1 hour or until frosting is dry to the touch.
6. In small condiment bowl, mix baking cocoa and vanilla. Load unused (new) stiff-bristle paint brush with cocoa mixture. Using fingers, flick loaded brush bristles toward cake creating a splatter pattern. Re-load brush; cover entire cake with chocolate speckles. Refrigerate cake 30 minutes.
7. To make Phyllo Nest, heat oven to 375°F. Butter 1 muffin cup in regular-size muffin pan. Tear off 1/3 cup portion of kataifi; place in muffin cup in a circular nest shape. Gently brush phyllo nest with melted butter. Bake 15 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown around edge. Gently remove nest with fork; cool on cooling rack. Attach cooled nest to cake with dot of frosting. Place 3 speckled egg candies inside nest.
8. Before serving, bring cake to room temperature. Store cake loosely covered with plastic wrap.