Swimming is often looked over when deciding how to work out, but it is one of the best full body work-outs you can find, for many reasons.
1. Calories. Swimming for an hour burn around 600 calories.
2. Zero-impact sport, meaning less pain for joints. It is an exercise you can continue well into your senior years.
3. Full body work-out. Swimming engages legs, core, glutes, shoulders, back and arms. You will get out of the pool feeling tired and sore in places you never have before.
4. Infinite possibilities. Whether you are training for endurance, speed or technique, you can come to the pool every day with a new swim set ensuring that you will
never get bored.
5. Make it a social gathering. There are masters swim clubs all over the world. No matter your purpose, level or age, there is always a group of people you can meet and work out
with to make getting fit more fun.
6. Perfect for cross-training. Are you a runner? Biker? Kick-boxer? Swimming is a good workout to switch up your regular routine and continue to gain endurance. Whether you are training for a marathon or a track meet, swimming can help.
7. It is the perfect time to learn. If you do not know how to swim, it is the perfect time to learn. Not only will you be getting a great work out, but you will be learning a
skill you can keep with you the rest of your life.