As we head into the international friendlies tomorrow, here's a look at the news and rumour making headlines in the papers today.
1. Arsenal could look to buy Manchester United's Chris Smalling. (Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-man-uniteds-chris-5393927)
2. Chelsea are looking for somewhere around £10 million for goalkeeper Petr Cech this summer. (Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-ready-demand-transfer-fee-5393903)
3. Gareth Bale has once again become the media scapegoat in Spain after Real Madrid's 2-1 loss to Barcelona last weekend. (Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3010022/Gareth-Bale-feels-heat-Real-Madrid-supporters-cast-role-scapegoat.html)
4. Southampton's Toby Alderweireld has hinted at a possible move to Spurs in the off season. (Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11491603/Tottenham-target-Toby-Alderweireld-hoping-to-join-north-Londoners-following-loan-spell-at-Southampton.html)
5. Everton's Steven Naismith has declined to rule out a return to Rangers (the Scottish Rangers) after he left the club when it went into administration. (Source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-naismith-refuses-rule-out-8913639)
1. Smalling could fancy himself a move to Arsenal but I doubt it since he just re-signed with the Red Devils.
2. He's still a top keeper and I'd imagine Chelsea can get that amount of money for him. Honestly I think he's been the better of the two Chelsea keepers this season but Courtois seems to be the way of the future for Jose Mourinho.
3. No surprise there. Think he might move on from Real Madrid this summer, especially if they lose the La Liga title to Barcelona or get knockout of the Champions League and definitely if both happen.
4. Alderweireld is a class defender and despite his claims of wanting to play with Vertonghen again, I have a feeling Vertonghen won't last much longer at Spurs that way he's been playing.
5. Naismith's always loved Rangers but he wants to win titles and be paid well, something of which won't happen given Rangers' current financial state. They're not too much better off than when they were put into administration and bumped down to Scotland's 4th tier and having taken more loans out they could be headed for the same fate.