Gluten and grain free scones
Makes 12 scones
* 3 cups (300 g / 10 ½ oz) almond meal / ground almonds / almond flour
* 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder or ¾ teaspoon baking soda
* ¼ cup (60ml / 2 oz) ) macadamia nut oil or (cold pressed coconut oil or almond oil)
* 1 heaped tablespoon honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
* 2 organic / free range eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 150 C.
2. Combine almond meal and baking powder.
3. Add the oil, honey, vanilla and egg.
4. Mix into a soft dough.
5. Dust your working surface with a little almond meal.
6. Place over the scone dough and flatten out to 1 cm thick.
7. Cut into rounds and place onto a baking tray.
8. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and cool.
10. Serve alone or with your choice of whole fruit jam.
Nutrition per scone
Protein: 6.2 g
Total fat: 18g
Saturated: 1.9 g
Carbs: 3 g
Fiber: 2.2 g