This whipped cream recipe uses coconut milk to achieve a level of creaminess you're going to love throwing onto your favorite vegan desserts. I think my favorite thing about this Vegan DIY tutorial is the ingredients listed you can get at pretty much any and every supermarket, making it all the easier to throw together in a flash.
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
2 chilled cans of full-fat coconut milk (Some brands of coconut milk whip up easier than others and in less time. I am partial to Native Forest, but Thai Kitchen also works really well.)
1 - 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1) The day before you would like to make your coconut whipped cream place 1 or 2 cans of coconut milk (depending on how much cream you are making) in the refrigerator and leave them there overnight to chill completely. The time in the fridge will allow the thick coconut cream to separate from the coconut water.
2) When you are ready to make your whipped topping, gather your ingredients. Be mindful to keep the cans upright and move them from the refrigerator to the counter with minimal shaking so that the cream and water do not mix back together. 3) Open the cans and scoop out all of the hardened coconut cream into your mixing bowl. (Don’t throw out the coconut water, it is great mixed in smoothies and drinks!)
4) Using the whip attachment on your mixer, start on medium speed and increase to high. Whip for about 3 - 5 minutes until you have thick, stiff peaks. 5) Once stiff peaks have formed add in 1 - 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bowl.
6) Once the flavorings have been added to the bowl, mix again on medium speed until the flavorings have been completely incorporated.
7) Now you have rich, creamy coconut whipped cream to top all of your favorite desserts, pipe onto cakes and muffins, dollop in your coffee, or you can just eat it by itself with a spoon! It’s THAT good.