Over the years, Brussels sprouts went from being my least favorite vegetable to a vegetable I seriously can never get enough of! Roasted Brussels sprouts have amazing flavor and texture. I especially love roasting them long enough that the outer leaves get nice and crispy.
This recipe uses a sesame-soy marinade to give the Brussels sprouts an extra oomph, making this veggie dish a perfect side to your next Asian-inspired dinner!
Sesame Soy Brussels Sprouts Sauté
(Adapted from The Domesticated Wolf)
MAKES 2 - 4 SERVINGS
1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved with roots removed
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon ponzu
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1) Steam Brussels sprouts about 2-3 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 375 degreesWhisk soy sauce, sesame oil, ponzu and rice vinegar. Add garlic, combine.In a baking dish or a cast iron skillet, toss Brussels sprouts with soy marinade.
3) Roast 20-30 minutes, or until caramelized.
4) With about 3 minutes remaining, toast sesame seeds in a pan over medium low heat.
5) Serve on a platter with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds.