4 sprigs of rosemary (optional; plus additional for garnish)
1 tsp garlic & herb seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
5 young, thin multicolored carrots (optional; can be found at the farmer's market)
handful of broccolini (optional; you can replace with other vegetables)
1. Add olive oil to pan and turn stove to medium high. When oil becomes hot, add in chicken, searing both sides until they are brown and the skin is crispy. Turn off stove. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Squeeze juice from one lemon. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and 1/2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning. Brush chicken skins and top of chicken thighs generously with lemon juice mixture. In a separate bowl, add leftover lemon juice mixture, chicken broth, garlic, remaining garlic and herb seasoning. Taste to see if you want to add salt and pepper. If so, add at this point. Pour mixture into the pan. It should only cover the bottom of the chicken, leaving the skin exposed so it can remain crispy.
3. Thinly slice your second lemon. Place lemons into your pot, submerging them into the broth. Add rosemary to the broth if using.
4. Transfer pot from stove to oven. Let chicken bake for about 20-25 minutes until done. About 10 minutes before chicken is ready, Add carrots, placing them underneath the chickens. About 5 minutes before chicken is done, add broccolini, placing them near the carrots.
5. Garnish with more lemon slices and rosemary sprigs if desired. Serve while warm.