K-Pop Challenge: Have a Warm & Fluffy Valentine's Day!
So I was inspired by @callmekaren and decided that I also wanted to make a fun K-Pop playlist just for Valentine's Day. One of my favorite parts about K-Pop is that they're not ashamed to get mushy, so I've decided I wanted to make a list of some of my favorite mushy love songs from Korean artists. I hope you all enjoy it!
My V-Day 2015 Playlist
1. Yoo Seung Woo - "Hello": I love Yoo Seung Woo, and I'm pretty sure this was his debut song. He's so cute! And I think my favorite part of this song is when he calls his s/o his 'marshmallow'.
2. AKMU - "I Love You": You can't have a warm and fuzzy love song playlist without AKMU, and I love how adorable this song and music video are. (It's got Lee Hyun Woo - who I can't look at without thinking he's an undercover North Korean spy thanks to his role in 'Secretly Greatly'.)
3. Girls Day - "Darling": This is the cutest song Girls Day has put out in recent years. I love the chorus. I mean, if I were a guy, I think I would be perfectly okay with any of the Girls Day members insisting I call them my darling. They're all so pretty!
4. Busker Busker - "Cherry Blossom Ending": Maybe it's not EXACTLY cherry blossom season in Korea (which usually occurs sometime during the spring), I think the romantic sentiment of this song could be felt the whole year through. It always makes me want to hold someone's hand.
5. San-E & Raina - "A Midsummer Night's Sweetness": I always felt a really romantic vibe from this song, but didn't really know what is was about so much (because while I do study Korean, I'm HORRIBLE at following rappers). Once I read the lyrics though, I'm sort of in love with this concept! It's about two friends who decide to meet in the middle of the night to drink beer and watch the stars and end up falling in love by the end of it. (If that doesn't make you swoon, I don't know what does.)
6. Seo In Young & Zion.T - "Thinking Of You": I love both Seo In Young and Zion. T's voices, and the blend of having them together is enough to make all the little cartoon hearts swirl around my head. It's about a broken up couple who constantly thinks about their failed relationship and can't write one another off quite yet. (This is the part where we post that 'NOW KISS!' meme.)
7. Kang Seung Yoon - "Stealer": I LOVE THIS SONG. I love how visual both this music video and the lyrics are. I love songs that really tell stories, and this one paints the cutest (and probably fake) story of Kang Seung Yoon and his 'heart-stealing' girlfriend. (Also I think it's really funny that the girl in this video is actually the jerk ex-girlfriend from 'It's Okay, That's Love'.)
8. Kye Bum Zu - "28.5": This is the ultimate Valentine's Day song, in my opinion. No seriously, if whoever I date next can learn all the Korean to this song (plus Jungin's part) and then sing it to me while sitting on the back of a white horse, I would probably stay with him for at least a few more months. At least. (I'm horrible at anything long-term.)
9. Yoon Mirae featuring Tiger JK & Bizzy - "Angel": Yoon Mirae and Tiger JK are basically the cutest celebrity couple in Korea (and quite possibly the cutest celebrity couple in the entire world). She doesn't even outright say it in the entire song, but you know she wrote this song about him and he wrote his verse in the song about her. (And the part when they kiss makes me want to 'awwww' super loud.) Meanwhile, Bizzy is all the third wheel. IT'S OKAY, BIZZY.