The Korean Government Scholaship Program- Lifetime Opportunity for Korea Fans.
To provide international students with the opportunity to conduct advanced studies of undergraduate & graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchange in education mutual friendship between countries
Available fields universities
- Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities
※ University transferring is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
- Graduate course: Master's or Ph.D. courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Total Candiates for Selection in 2012
100 persons (undergraduate course), 300 persons (graduate course)
Korea Language Training
Grantees are required to take Korean language training courses within 1 year at the language institution placed on the domestic universities. (Except for those who reach a certain level of Korean language fluency more than level 5 in TOPIK.)
Application Procedure :
Announcement: Before Dec. of the previous year
-Recommendation: Jan. of the year
-Result release: Jan~Feb of the year
-Arrival in Korea: Late March of the year
-Announcement: Feb. of the year
-Recommendation(Embassy, University): March~April of the year
-Result release: June of the year
-Arrival in Korea:Late August of the year
*For common Course
Amount (KRW): Undergraduate:800,000
Payment time: Beginning of each month.
*For Master's / PH.D
-Reseach course: Humanities Social Sciences: 210,000 - Natural Science:240,000
-Payment time:Beginning of each semester (twice a year)
*Settlement allowance: 200,000
(once at arrival) Within 30 days after arrival.
*Repatriation allowance: 100,000
(once at departure) Within 15 days before departure
*Air fare: Actual amount (flight ticket only)-
-Payement time: First arrival last departure
*Tuition: 2,400,000 (4 semester)
Beginning of Mar., Jun., Sep. Dec.
*Language training fee : Full amount
twice a year (Feb.Mar. Aug.Sep.)
*Dissertation printing costs:
Master's Ph.D: 500,000～800,000
(actual amount once) In time with thesis completion
*Medical insurance: 20,000 (per month)
*Allowance for excellence in Korean:
100,000 (per month) Only given to applicants who apply after acquiring
appropriate qualification (beginning of each quarter).
- Both the applicant his/her parents must possess the citizenship of the country of origin.
※ Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finishe or dbe scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle high school courses as of the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Hold a Bachelor degree,a Master's degree as of the date of arrival. (Graduate)
※ Person who have enrolled in or graduated from a Korean university can not apply.
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attendedhave earned top 20% of G.P.A. among classmates. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended. (Graduate)
Procedure for the Scholarship Award
- NIIED requests the Korean Embassy in the invited country on the domestic university concerned to recommend candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to on the domestic university concerned.
- The KoreanEmbassy on the domestic university concerned sends proper candidates to NIIED with required documents.
- NIIED evaluates proper candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final KGSP grantees.
For any more inquiries: http://www.gks.go.kr/