Yesterday @peppermintt posted a card on lasagna in a mug and I was inspired to find a waffled lasagna recipe. This is nothing like a traditional layered lasagna but
1 package (16 ounces) egg roll wrappers
15 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1/2 cup grate parmesan cheese
1. Heat your waffle iron.
2. Mix the ricotta cheese and the egg with 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons of the ricotta cheese mixture on top of one egg roll wrapper. Place another egg roll wrapper on top of the first, smoothing the cheese mixture to about 1 inch from the edge.
4. Add a slice of mozzarella to the top, and then place a third egg roll wrapper over the top of the mozzarella layer.
5. Set aside and repeat with the remaining egg roll wrappers.
6. Spray both sides of your waffle iron with cooking spray. Place one waffle lasagna in the middle of the iron. Close the iron and press down gently. Cook until the light changes on your waffle iron and the lasagna is lightly brown.
7. Remove it from the iron and set on a cookie sheet in a warm oven. Repeat with the rest and serve with tomato sauce.