Ladies and gents, are you ready for the best cupcake ever? This pineapple cupcake will take you on a sweet tropical spin. Learn how to make it from scratch!
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
1/3 cup (2.7 oz) packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup (2.6 oz) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (5 oz) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (5.6 oz) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup (2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup (4 oz) pineapple juice (from pineapple chunk can)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
12 maraschino cherries
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Drain the pineapple chunks with 2-3 sheets of paper towels. Reserve 1/2 cup juice for the batter.
2. Melt butter in a small sauce pan or microwave safe bowl. Then mix it with brown sugar and divide it evenly among the muffin pan cups (make sure the pan is greased).
3. Arrange the pineapple chunks on top of the sugar mixture (about 4 per cup). Set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the butter and pineapple juice, beating for 2 minutes or until smooth. Beat in the egg & the coconut extract.
5. Spoon the batter over the fruit in the muffin pan.
1. Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes or until cooked (test with a toothpick).
2. Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes, then place a wire rack on top of the muffin pan and flip the pan over so the pineapple is on top. Let cool completely before topping with whipped cream.
For the sweetened whipped cream:
In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer (or in a clean stand mixing bowl set with whisk attachment), whip cream on high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar then whip until stiff peaks form
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy