It seems like Kim Kardashian wasn't the first one who mastered the lip contouring trick! Timeless hollywood beauty Mariyln Monroe was way ahead the game. Want to know the secret? Learn the trick from one of Marie Claire's beauty editor Lauren Valenti! I've broken it down in five simple steps.
Note: Before you begin, make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized. No one wants a flaky pout.
1. Line your lips to desire shape with a dark color liner to create illusion of depth.
2. Fill in the base by using a red liner in small strokes (focusing on the corner of the mouth).
3. Blend your lips with the brightest red lip liner. Make sure not to go over the outline.
4. Highlight your lips with a cream highlighter (focusing on the center).
5. Finish off with a moisturizer. Using a lip balm can seal in the color and moisturize!