Ballerina Balance Transfers
Do this move as a warm-up to target calves, quads, and glutes!
1. Start with legs apart in second position. Pull up both knees, squeeze your glutes, and lift your heels to engage your calf muscles.
2. Take your arms up and out to open fifth.
3. Lower one heel and transfer your weight over to the side, bending the supporting leg and stretching the other leg. Lean over from your waist, rounding the arms to fifth position over head.
4. Come back through center and repeat to the other side. Move in quick succession. Do two sets of 16 each way.
You'll feel some serious burn with this classic dance stance targeting quads, glutes, and calves!
1. Start with legs apart in second position. Without leaning forward, bend your knees and lift one heel off the floor.
2. Pulse in this position, keeping your knees open and in line with your middle toes. Do two sets of 16 on each side with a quad stretch between each set.
Squeeze your glutes while you lift your arms to target quads, hamstrings, and glutes!
1. Stand with one leg behind you in fourth position with your back heel lifted off the floor.
2. Bend both knees, bringing the body over your front thigh and sweeping your arms out and down to first position.
3. Pull both legs up, bringing the arms overhead to fifth position. Repeat 16 times on each leg.
Tendu to Second
They look simple, but remember to keep your toes pointed and knees straight when you do these and target your calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, and adductors!
1. Start in first position with your heels apart, keeping your toes in a "ten to two o'clock" alignment and squeezing your glutes.
2. Open your arms out to second position and slide one leg out to the side, lengthening the leg and pointing the toes.
3. Draw the leg back into first, keeping both kneecaps pulled up, holding the arms in second. Do two sets of 16 on each leg.
Get ready to sculpt your upper thighs and target rotator muscles!
1. Lie on your back and raise your legs to a 90-degree angle, flex your feet and rotate the legs out to first position.
2. Place your hands onto your waist and bend both legs, keeping your core engaged and knees turned out in a diamond position.
3. Straighten your legs fully, pressing your heels back up to the ceiling and drawing your legs together. Do 4 sets of 8.