One can full-fat coconut milk
½ medium banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cool water
A hand mixer
Pre-chill your coconut milk by placing it in the fridge overnight the day before you make your mask.
- Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scoop off the firm layer of milk that has formed toward the top of your can. Put this in a large mixing bowl. Avoid scooping out any of the liquid if possible.
- In a separate bowl, mash the half banana well. You want it near a liquid state.
- Add the mashed banana mixture to your mixing bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract and water.
- Whip these ingredients with your hand mixer on high until it’s light and fluffy.
- After wetting your hair with hot water, apply the hair mask from root to tip.
- Wait 10 – 15 minutes – for the best effect, wrap head in a towel while the mixture sits.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Enjoy your silky locks!
For more vegan hair care, follow my collection!