In the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, Chipotle has officially unveiled their secret recipe for their 'in-house' guacamole - and it's shockingly easy. All you need are a few simple ingredients and two perfectly ripe avocados. (Although Chipotle uses 48 per batch!)
I love this recipe because it's such a standard guacamole recipe - no 'secret ingredients' to be worried about. (I'll always remember the time I ate someone's guacamole at a potluck once, only to find out that their 'secret ingredient' was Miracle Whip. Yuck!)
(From Chipotle's Official Website)
MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 teaspoon lime juice
2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1) First, carefully cut the avocados in half and the remove the pits.
2) Scoop the avocados and place them in a medium bowl.
3) Toss and coat the avocado with lime juice.
4) Add the salt and, using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
5) Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6) Taste the guacamole, and adjust seasoning, if necessary.