Upright Oblique Twist
If you don't have a mini exercise ball, grab multiple towels (it won't have the same effect but it will give you some resistance to work with)
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on floor with knees bent, feet flat and ball behind lower back.
- Lift arms to shoulder level in front of you, palms down.
For beginners you can lose the dumbbell, but for the real benefits of the workout you want that added weight!
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie face up on floor with knees bent 90 degrees, and arms out to sides, slightly bent with palms up.
- Keeping arms slightly bent, raise dumbbells to touch above chest.
- Lift head and shoulders off floor and reach dumbbells by right hip; then return to center and lower to start.
- Repeat to left side. Do all reps, alternating sides.
Standing ab workouts are essential for getting that toned core that you want, so get off that matt!
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and lift bent elbows in front of you at shoulder height, palms facing each other.
- Rotate torso and arms together diagonally up toward left.
You can do this move any time you're sitting down. Try it at work, at home, in the park!
- Sit on edge of bench and place palms behind you on seat, fingers forward.
- Maintaining a neutral spine, lean back slightly and lift legs, knees bent 90 degrees off ground.
- Keeping chest lifted, shoulders back and right knee still, touch ground with left toe, then raise left knee back to start position.
- Switch sides and repeat to complete one rep. Do 10 reps.
Magic Carpet Ride
It's sounds like all fun and games but it actually is a serious workout! Plus, you can even clean your floors while you work out ;)
- Start on an uncarpeted floor in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, arms extended, a folded towel underneath feet.
- Contract abs and bring knees in toward chest.