All parents would have experienced the difficulty of introducing and teaching your child to brush his or her teeth!
Here are some tips you can consider:
1) Let your child brush with yourself and your spouse so that he can learn by following the two of you and not feel afraid about it.
2) Squeeze some paint onto a transparent plastic and allow your child to brush the paint off using a toothbrushuse, so that he can gain an understanding of the use of the toothbrush.
3) Get your child's favourite toy and role play brushing its teeth or even educate your child the benefits of brushing using the toy.
4) Draw pictures of kids with a set of clean white teeth and dirty and allow your child to learn the consequence of not brushing his or her teeth regularly.
5) You may also introduce your child to books on brushing.
Remember it is important to use a soft toothbrush for your child so that he or she will not feel pain while brushing! :)