Think of the most boring awful wedding you have been to. Like, painfully boring. Now think about what that wedding would have been like with Mojitos! Don't be so wedding minded that you forget about the booze! One must never forget the spirits and other alcoholic refreshments at such sweet nuptial gatherings
Even the most boring function can't compete with alcoholic Jello shots. In this case, A Beautiful Mess provides all the details to crank up the cool factor for your wedding with Mojito Jello shots that you can make in your sleep, they're THAT EASY!
Obviously, for best results, you'll want to use fresh limes with beautiful looking rind--nothing battered or bruised.
On to the mixology:
Grab a pot and combine water and sugar over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and stir in the Jello. Next, add the lime juice and 2 mint stems (with leaves). This needs to steep for 12-15 minutes. Don't rush it. Remove the mint stems and stir in your favorite white rum.
While the steeping ensues, time to hollow out the shells.
1. Use a SHARP knife to split the limes in two halves, carving out the inside of the limes. A mellon baller works great for this part.
2. The insides won't have the neurotic look of Martha-Stewart-perfection. Don't fret!
3. Fill each lime half with the Jello mix. Sprinkle in some fresh chopped mint too.
4. Throw these bad boys in the fridge to set for at least three hours.
5. Slice lime halves into halves--creating quarter lime wedges.
6. Serve on chilled with cocktails and finger food.