Kimchi fried rice or Kimchi bokkeumbap (볶음밥) is a super simple and satisfying dish made with rice and kimchi. There is little to prep and takes less than half an hour to cook, perfect dish busy weekdays or lazy weekends. Since my co-worker and I did not want to eat out today we decided to cook in the office. We found some kimchi in the fridge and made our own version of the kimchi fried rice. Our option was pretty limited, but we managed to make it work!
Cover Photo: Gettys Image
Kayla & Cindy's Kimchi Fried Rice
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 10 Minutes
A handful of chopped kimchi
Few drizzle of soybean oil (or any oil of your choice)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce (or according to your taste)
1. Chop kimchi into small pieces.
2. Heat up the pan and drizzle a bit of soybean oil. Throw in the chopped kimchi and cook for a minute.
3. Throw in the fried rice and add in soy sauce. About a minute before you turn off the fire, add in sesame oil and mix it well.
4. Fry two eggs on the side and top it on the kimchi fried rice.
• It's common to use leftover rice for this meal.
• You can dress it up with green onions, beef, or sausage.